Have you tried everything to get rid of your double chin? No matter how much you exercise and lose weight, the dreaded double chin just doesn’t want to go away? The chin just can’t be firmed up like other body parts and can make you very self conscious. There have always been expensive treatments such as liposuction to treat this frustrating problem, but most patients have been longing for a better way. At Libelle, we have the solution you need without the surgery you don’t want.
Kybella is an FDA-approved injection containing a naturally occurring molecule that dissolves fat, which your body then flushes out. It is the first and only of its kind to be approved by the FDA to provide an individualized, nonsurgical option to finally give you the toned profile you want.
The Kybella substance destroys fat cells over time, so in just a matter of four to six weeks you will already see an improvement under your chin – there will be less fat, and your jawline will look more contoured than ever! The results are not immediate, but they will last for years!
1. What is Kybella™? Kybella is the first and only FDA approved injectable that contours and improves the appearance of moderate to severe fat under the chin commonly referred to as a double chin. Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, which is something naturally produced in our own body. When injected, Kybella causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
2. When will I see results? It takes a minimum of 2 treatments to see results.
3. How many treatments are required? Most patients require between 2 to 4 treatments and will achieve their desired results within 3 months after their 3rd or 4th treatment. Treatments are performed 4 to 8 weeks apart. Treatment with Kybella is customized by the physician to a patients aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
4. How long will the results last? The improvement in the submental area is very long lasting and retreatment is not expected. Normal aging changes in the skin and other tissues of the neck will continue to occur however. Though the treated fat cells are destroyed and replaced by collagen, a small amount is left behind.
5. What are the most common side effects? All patients should expect swelling in the treated area. This is most dramatic in the first 3 days after the first procedure. Subsequent treatments generally result in significantly less swelling. Swelling will steadily decrease but may still be noticeable at a month post treatment. Tenderness, discomfort and numbness in the treated area is very common and can last weeks. Redness and firmness in the area is also common. Bruising is possible and will generally resolve in a week.
6. What should I expect during a Kybella™ treatment? We will first require a consultation to determine if you are a candidate for Kybella. If so, a treatment plan will be determined and explained. Each patient is different, so the number of injections and total number of treatments will vary. The FDA states patients may receive up to 50 injections in a single treatment, with up to six single treatments administered no less than one month apart. The initial thought is that patients with moderate double chin fat will require approximately 15-20 injections in a single treatment, with a total of 2-3 treatments.
Kybella is administered as an injection into the fat tissue in the submental area (under chin). Multiple injections are required with each treatment. Total treatment time will take about 30 minutes. There may be some mild discomfort during the injections. Prior to treatment, ice can be used to numb the area or a topical numbing cream is another alternative we have available. This will be discussed during your consultation.